Programming WPF, Second Edition
By Chris Sells, Ian Griffiths
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510374/)
If you want to build applications that take full advantage of Windows Vista's new user interface capabilities, you need to learn Microsoft's Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF). This new edition, fully updated for the official release of .NET 3.0, is designed to get you up to speed on this technology quickly. By page 2, you'll be writing a simple WPF application. By the end of Chapter 1, you'll have taken a complete tour of WPF and its major elements.
WPF is the new presentation framework for Windows Vista that also works with Windows XP. It's a cornucopia of new technologies, which includes a new graphics engine that supports 3-D graphics, animation, and more; an XML-based markup language, called XAML, for declaring the structure of your Windows UI; and a radical new model for controls.
This second edition includes new chapters on printing, XPS, 3-D, navigation, text and documents, along with a new appendix that covers Microsoft's new WPF/E platform for delivering richer UI through standard web browsers -- much like Adobe Flash. Content from the first edition has been significantly expanded and modified. Programming WPF includes:
* Scores of C# and XAML examples that show you what it takes to get a WPF application up and running, from a simple "Hello, Avalon" program to a tic-tac-toe game
* Insightful discussions of the powerful new programming styles that WPF brings to Windows development, especially its new model for controls
* A color insert to better illustrate WPF support for 3-D, color, and other graphics effects
* A tutorial on XAML, the new HTML-like markup language for declaring Windows UI
* An explanation and comparison of the features that support interoperability with Windows Forms and other Windows legacy applications
WPF represents the best of the control-based Windows world and the content-based web world. Programming WPF helps you bring it all together.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone
phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences.
Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in
the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder
is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- 12.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference