Programming Windows Azure
By Sriram Krishnan
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596801984)
Learn Cloud Computing from the Source
Learn the nuts and bolts of cloud computing with Windows Azure, Microsoft's new Internet services platform. A key member of the product development team shows you how to build, deploy, host, and manage applications using Windows Azure’s programming model and essential storage services.
The book's first half shows you how to write and host application code on Windows Azure. The second half explains the options available for storing and accessing data on the platform. Lots of code samples and screenshots will help you along the way.
* Learn how to build applications using the Windows Azure toolset
* Discover how Windows Azure works under the hood, and learn the hows and whys behind several features
* Choose to write application code in .NET or other languages, such as C/C++, PHP, or Ruby
* Understand various options for managing your service
* Get up to speed on Azure’s storage services, including blobs, queues, and tables
* Build a secure backup system, and learn about cloud application security, cryptography, and performance
About the Author:
Sriram Krishnan works on the Windows Azure program management team, and was involved with the product long before its public launch. He speaks and blogs frequently on cloud computing and Windows Azure.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 8.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference