Programming the Mobile Web
By Maximiliano Firtman
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596807795)
Learn App Basics that Work on Any Mobile Platform
If you're an experienced web developer, this book shows you how to build a standard app core that you can extend to work with specific devices -- iPhone, BlackBerry, Nokia, Windows Phone, and smartphones powered by Android, webOS, and other platforms. You'll learn the particulars and pitfalls of building mobile apps with HTML, CSS, and other standard web tools.
You'll also explore platform variations, finicky mobile browsers, Ajax design patterns for mobile, and much more. Before you know it, you'll be able to create mashups using Web 2.0 APIs in apps for the App Store, App World, OVI Store, Android Market, and other online retailers.
* Learn how to use your existing web skills to move into mobile development
* Discover key differences in mobile app design and navigation, including touch devices
* Learn about technologies such as HTML5, XHTML MP, and WebKit extensions
* Understand variations of platforms such as Symbian, BlackBerry, webOS, Bada, Android, and iOS for iPhone and iPad
* Bypass the browser to create offline apps and widgets using web technologies
About the Author
Maximiliano Firtman is an expert in Ajax, Adobe Flex, Java ME, Widgets for Mobile, and iPhone development. He's a Forum Nokia Champion, an educator on web and mobile technologies, the author of numerous technical books and articles, and founder of ITMaster Professional Training.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (1)
- 10.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference