By Chris Smith
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596153649/)
With this in-depth tutorial, F# team member Chris Smith introduces you to Microsoft's new multi-paradigm programming language. You'll not only learn how to use F# as a general-purpose language similar to C# and Visual Basic, but as a functional programming language for developing concurrent and math-intensive applications on the .NET platform.
Programming F# gives you a head start on the fundamentals and advanced concepts of the official F# language version that will ship with Visual Studio 2010. This book will help you:
* Get a clear understanding of functional programming, and how you can use it to write better code
* Learn language-oriented programming with F#, a style that lets you write code tailored to the domain of your application
* Use advanced F# concepts, such as having an existing .NET routine execute in parallel without having to write plumbing code to manage the threads
* Implement design patterns in F# for both object-oriented and functional programming
Chris Smith tests every element of F# for the Microsoft development team, giving him a unique command of the language. With Programming F#, you'll benefit from his expertise right away.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (2)
- 6.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference