Programming Entity Framework
By Julia Lerman
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596520281/)
Programming Entity Framework is a thorough introduction to Microsoft's core framework for modeling and interacting with data in .NET applications. This highly-acclaimed book not only gives experienced developers a hands-on tour of the ADO.NET Entity Framework (EF) and explains its use in a variety of applications, it also provides a deep understanding of its architecture and APIs.
Although this book is based on the first version of Entity Framework, it will continue to be extremely valuable as you shift to the Entity Framework version in .NET Framework 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010. From the Entity Data Model (EDM) and Object Services to EntityClient and the Metadata Workspace, Programming Entity Framework covers it all.
Author Julia Lerman, the leading independent authority on the framework, includes scores of reusable examples -- written in both Visual Basic and C# -- that you can implement right away. This book will help you :
* Understand the core concepts you need to make the best use of the Entity Framework (EF) in your applications
* Learn to query your data, using either LINQ to Entities or Entity SQL
* Create Windows Forms, WPF, and ASP.NET applications
* Build ASMX web services and WCF services
* Use Object Services to work directly with your entity objects
* Delve into model customization, relationship management, change tracking, data concurrency, and more
Presented in a clear narrative style that reflects the hundreds of hours the author has spent consulting, teaching, and writing about this new data access technology and testing its myriad features, Programming Entity Framework will help you master the technology and put it to work.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (1)
- 10.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference