iOS Universal Books
*New major update - now has ALL Pepys Diary from 1660 to 1669*
A little over 350 years ago, Samuel Pepys began a diary. Now you can have the experience of having his words delivered day by day.
- Chose any year from 1660 to 1669 to get that the that year's "on this day" when you open Pepys Diary app
- Browse by year and month to find any entry
- Save your favourite or bookmark key entries
- Change your reading starting position in text setting if you want to start reading from where you had left off
- You can quickly change the font size or use the night theme for a comfortable reading experience
- Now you can share any entry as an image so you can send out across wide range of social media
The Diary of Samuel Pepys is admired and enjoyed as one of literature's most compelling examples of the diarist's art. Pepy's famous record of London life in the 17th Century takes us through dramatic times of plague and fire but is always brought reassuringly down to earth by domesticity and financial tribulations.
The text for this diary is taken from website, The Diary of Samuel Pepys, also known by its URL, Pepysdiary.com (with kind permission of Phil Gyford). Proceeds from this app are now being shared to help keep the site up and running.
This app was Aimer's first app. It was the project we chose to get us up and running in 2009 and we published it as 2010, exactly 350 year after Pepys started his diary. Seven years later, we have now produced well over 100 apps covering a bewildering range of things with a diverse range of partners. We look forward to many more years of app creation.
- Now includes ALL Pepys diary from 1660 to 1669
- Updated user interface with Improved date browsing & night reading mode
- You can set your preferred year for the "On This Day" reading
- Optimised for iOS 10 and recent devices.
- New sharing options