This app was removed from the App Store.
Olaf Stapledon's Collection [ 15 books ]
iOS iPhone Books
This book contain collection of 15 books
1. Last and First Men : A Story of the Near and Far Future 
2. Last Men in London 
3. Odd John: A Story Between Jest and Earnest 
4. Star Maker 
5. Darkness and the Light 
6. Sirius : A Fantasy of Love and Discord 
7. Death into Life 
8. The Flames 
9. A Man Divided 
10. Collected Stories
11. A Modern Theory of Ethics: A study of the Relations of Ethics and Psychology 
12. Philosophy and Living 
13. Saints and Revolutionaries 
14. Experiences in the Friends' Ambulance Unit 
15. What Are "Spiritual" Values? 
About the Author
Olaf Stapledon, 1886-1950
British philosopher and author of several influential works of science fiction.
Stapledon's writings directly influenced Arthur C. Clarke, Brian Aldiss, Stanislaw Lem, C. S. Lewis and John Maynard Smith and indirectly influenced many others, contributing many ideas to the world of science fiction. The "supermind" composed of many individual consciousnesses forms a recurring theme in his work. Star Maker contains the first known description of what are now called Dyson spheres. Freeman Dyson credits the novel with giving him the idea. Last and First Men features early descriptions of genetic engineering and terraforming. Sirius describes a dog whose intelligence is increased to the level of a human being's.