Office 2007: The Missing Manual
By Chris Grover, Matthew MacDonald, E. A. Vander Veer
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596514228/)
Quickly learn the most useful features of Microsoft Office 2007 with our easy to read four-in-one guide. This fast-paced book gives you the basics of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access so you can start using the new versions of these major Office applications right away.
Unlike every previous version, Office 2007 offers a completely redesigned user interface for each program. Microsoft has replaced the familiar menus with a new tabbed toolbar (or "ribbon"), and added other features such as "live preview" that lets you see exactly what each option will look like in the document before you choose it. This is good news for longtime users who never knew about some amazing Office features because they were hidden among cluttered and outdated menus.
Adapting to the new format is going to be a shock -- especially if you're a longtime user. That's where Office 2007: The Missing Manual comes in. Rather than present a lot of arcane detail, this quick & friendly primer teaches you how to work with the most-used Office features, with four separate sections covering the four programs. The book offers a walkthrough of Microsoft's redesigned Office user interface before taking you through the basics of creating text documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and databases with:
* Clear explanations
* Step-by-step instructions
* Lots of illustrations
* Plenty of friendly advice
It's a great way to master all 4 programs without having to stock up on a shelf-load of different books. This book has everything you need to get you up to speed fast. Office 2007: The Missing Manual is truly the book that should have been in the box.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- 26.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference