MySQL in a Nutshell, Second Edition
By Russell Dyer
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596514334/)
When you need to find the right SQL keyword or MySQL client command-line option right away, turn to this convenient reference, known for the same speed and flexibility as the system it covers so thoroughly. MySQL is packed with so many capabilities that the odds of remembering a particular function or statement at the right moment are pretty slim. With MySQL in a Nutshell, you get the details you need, day in and day out, in one concise and extremely well organized book.
The new edition contains all the commands and programming information for version 5.1, including new features and language interfaces. It's ideal for anyone using MySQL, from novices who need to get up to speed to advanced users who want a handy reference. Like all O'Reilly Nutshell references, it's easy to use and highly authoritative, written by the editor of the MySQL Knowledge Base at MySQL AB, the creator and owner of MySQL.
Inside, you'll find:
* A thorough reference to MySQL statements, functions, and administrative utilities
* Several tutorial chapters to help newcomers get started
* Programming language APIs for PHP, Perl, and C
* Brief tutorials at the beginning of each API chapter to help anyone, regardless of experience level, understand and master unfamiliar territory
* New chapters on replication, triggers, and stored procedures
* Plenty of new examples of how MySQL is used in practice
* Useful tips to help you get through the most difficult subjects
Whether you employ MySQL in a mission-critical, heavy-use environment or for applications that are more modest, this book puts a wealth of easy-to-find information at your fingertips, saving you hundreds of hours of trial and error and tedious online searching. If you're ready to take advantage of everything MySQL has to offer, MySQL in a Nutshell has precisely what it takes.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
We're updating this app to the Second Edition of the book.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- 6.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference