Microsoft® Visual Basic® .NET Programmer's Cookbook
By Matthew MacDonald
Published by Microsoft Press (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780735619319)
Next time you hit the wall with a tough Visual Basic .NET problem, get the code behind the solution—and solve it the right way. This PROGRAMMER’S COOKBOOK provides at-a-glance reference to hundreds of Visual Basic .NET programming scenarios using a concise, problem/solution format. The book’s organized so you can quickly zero in on the topics and answers you need—with practical examples, code snippets, best practices, and undocumented secrets that get the job done.
No half-baked solutions. Get expert code from expert developers.
•Get hundreds of recipes covering every application type—from Microsoft Windows to Web pages, Web services, remote components, and Windows services.
•Learn when to use lower-level Win32 APIs and COM components vs. the Microsoft .NET Framework
•Discover practical ways to deal with XML data and handle data binding with Microsoft ADO.NET.
•Build object-oriented components from scratch to access FTP sites, contact POP mail servers, and work with vectors, fractions, and complex numbers.
•Tackle advanced techniques for multithreading, .NET Remoting, reflection, and cryptography.
•Uncover free third-party components to read zip files, write PDF documents, show menus in Microsoft ASP.NET, and more.
•Get all the book’s code recipes on line.
Superb Reading Features
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- 10.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference