This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Books
By Daniel J. Barrett
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596519797/)
"A good book! It's a nice overview of wiki editing and administration, with pointers to handy extensions and further online documentation."
-Brion Vibber, Chief Technical Officer, Wikimedia Foundation
"This book is filled with practical knowledge based on experience. It's not just spouting some party line."
-Rob Church, a developer of MediaWiki
MediaWiki is the world's most popular wiki platform, the software that runs Wikipedia and thousands of other websites. Though it appears simple to use at first glance, MediaWiki has extraordinarily powerful and deep capabilities for managing and organizing knowledge. In corporate environments, MediaWiki can transform the way teams write and collaborate.
This comprehensive book covers MediaWiki's rich (and sometimes subtle) features, helping you become a wiki expert in no time. You'll learn how to:
* Find your way around by effective searching and browsing
* Create and edit articles, categories, and user preferences
* Use advanced features for authors, such as templates, dynamic lists, logical parser functions, and RSS, to organize and maintain large numbers of articles
* Install and run your own wiki, and configure its look and behavior
* Develop custom wiki features, called extensions, with the PHP programming language and MySQL database
This book also provides special guidance for creating successful corporate wikis. For beginners who want to create or work on collaborative, community-driven websites with this platform, MediaWiki is the essential one-stop guide.
"I was a MediaWiki newbie before reading this book. Now, many aspects of the platform that were murky before are crystal clear."
-JP Vossen, author of O'Reilly's Bash Cookbook
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.