Mac OS X Snow Leopard: The Missing Manual
By David Pogue
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596153281/)
This updated edition of David Pogue's immensely popular Mac guidebook offers a wealth of detail on Apple's newest operating system. Snow Leopard is faster and more reliable than earlier Mac OSX versions, and no one is more reliable at bringing you up to speed than David Pogue.
The most authoritative book for Mac users of all technical levels and experience, this Missing Manual is amusing and fun to read, but Pogue doesn't take his subject lightly. Which features work well and which don't? What should you look for? What should you avoid? You get all the answers with crystal-clear, jargon-free introductions to:
* The Dock, the Mac OS X folder structure, and Mail -- all faster and with new Snow Leopard-only features
* iLife apps such as iMovie, iDVD, and iPhoto -- each with its own mini-manual
* Safari 4, the latest and best-performing Mac web browser
* QuickTime X, the new multimedia player that lets you trim and share clips to YouTube, MobileMe, and iTunes
* Snow Leopard's new support for Microsoft Exchange, and how you can best use it
* Features such as Spaces for organizing tasks, and Time Machine for backups
* Quick tips for setting up and configuring your Mac to make it distinctive
There's something new on practically every page of this edition, and David Pogue brings his celebrated wit and expertise to every one of them. No wonder it continues to be one of the most popular computer books of all time.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Added better linking to other books
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (10)
- 19.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference