LPI Linux Certification in a Nutshell
By Adam Haeder, Stephen Addison Schneiter, Bruno Gomes Pessanha, James Stanger
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596804886)
Become a Certified Linux Administrator
If you’re seeking a job-based certification from the Linux Professional Institute (LPI), this updated guide will help you prepare for the technically challenging LPIC Level 1 Exams 101 and 102.
You’ll find an overview of each exam, a summary of the core skills you need, review questions and exercises, as well as a study guide, a practice test, and hints to help you succeed.
Major topics include:
* Critical GNU and Unix commands
* Linux installation and package management
* Devices and filesystems
* Text editing, processing, and printing
* The X Window System
* Networking and security
* Mail transfer agents
* Email, FTP, and web services
These exams are for junior to mid-level Linux administrators with about two years of practical system administration experience. You should be comfortable with Linux at the command line and capable of performing simple tasks, including system installation and troubleshooting.
About the Authors:
Adam Haeder is the Vice President of Information Technology for the AIM Institute. He manages the IT department and all related technology ventures.
Bruno Gomes Pessanha has been a collaborating translator for the Linux Professional Institute since 2002.
James Stanger, President and Chief Certification Architect for Certification Partners LLC, serves as Chair of the Linux Professional Institute (LPI) Advisory Council.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 6.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference