By Mark Lutz
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596158071/)
Google and YouTube use Python because it's highly adaptable, easy to maintain, and allows for rapid development. If you want to write high-quality, efficient code that's easily integrated with other languages and tools, this hands-on book will help you be productive with Python quickly -- whether you're new to programming or just new to Python. It's an easy-to-follow self-paced tutorial, based on author and Python expert Mark Lutz's popular training course.
Each chapter contains a stand-alone lesson on a key component of the language, and includes a unique Test Your Knowledge section with practical exercises and quizzes, so you can practice new skills and test your understanding as you go. You'll find lots of annotated examples and illustrations to help you get started with Python 3.0.
* Learn about Python's major built-in object types, such as numbers, lists, and dictionaries
* Create and process objects using Python statements, and learn Python's general syntax model
* Structure and reuse code using functions, Python's basic procedural tool
* Learn about Python modules: packages of statements, functions, and other tools, organized into larger components
* Discover Python's object-oriented programming tool for structuring code
* Learn about the exception-handling model, and development tools for writing larger programs
* Explore advanced Python tools including decorators, descriptors, metaclasses, and Unicode processing
NOTE: This App has been updated to be compatible with first-generation iPod Touch.
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this App includes the same great reading features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with more than a million downloads in 2008:
* Search the full book text
* Change the font size
* Landscape view when you tilt your iPhone
* Extensive cross referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom in on images and screenshots
* Rotate to landscape view to read long lines of program code
About O'Reilly Media:
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone eBook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
This has been updated to the fourth edition of Learning Python.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (30)
- 7.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference