Learning Perl, Fifth Edition
By Randal L. Schwartz, Tom Phoenix, brian d foy
Published by O’Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596520113/)
Perl makes the easy stuff easy and the hard stuff possible
Perl is for people who want to get work done, from short fixes on the command line to creating applications for the Web, bioinformatics, finance, and much more. And the best way to get started with this programming language is Learning Perl, popularly known as “the Llama”—the tutorial that programmers have relied on since it was first published in 1993.
Practice as you learn
Packed with exercises so you can practice the concepts while you follow the text, this edition shows you how and why Perl 5.10 is suitable for almost any task on almost any platform. Topics include:
* Perl data & variable types
* File operations
* Regular expressions
* String manipulation
* Lists & sorting
* Process management
* Smart matching
* Using third party modules
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Randal Schwartz started Stonehenge Consulting Services in 1985 and built it into the premier Perl training shop. He’s written numerous books and magazine columns on Perl over the past two decades.
brian d foy, a partner at Stonehenge Consulting, is the publisher of The Perl Review magazine.
Tom Phoenix is a Perl trainer at Stonehenge Consulting, a frequent contributor to the Perl beginner’s list.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (8)
- 6.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference