By Hans Bergsten
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596005399/)
JavaServer Faces, or JSF, brings a component-based model to web application development that's similar to the model that's been used in standalone GUI applications for years. The technology builds on the experience gained from Java Servlets, JavaServer Pages, and numerous commercial and open source web application frameworks that simplify the development process.
In JavaServer Faces, developers learn how to use this new framework to build real-world web applications. The book contains everything you'll need: how to construct the HTML on the front end; how to create the user interface components that connect the front end to your business objects; how to write a back-end that's JSF-friendly; and how to create the deployment descriptors that tie everything together.
JavaServer Faces pays particular attention to simple tasks that are easily ignored, but crucial to any real application: working with tablular data, for example, or enabling and disabling buttons. And this book doesn't hide from the trickier issues, like creating custom components or creating renderers for different presentation layers. Whether you're experienced with JSF or a just starting out, you'll find everything you need to know about this technology in this book.
Topics covered include:
* The JSF environment
* Creating and rendering components
* Validating input
* Handling user-generated events
* Controlling page navigation
* Working with tabular data
* Integration between JSF and Struts
* Developing custom renderers and custom components
JavaServer Faces is a complete guide to the crucial new JSF technology. If you develop web applications, JSF belongs in your toolkit, and this book belongs in your library.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- 7.0 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference