Java Pocket Guide
By Robert Liguori, Patricia Liguori
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596514198/)
How many times have you reached an impasse while writing code because you couldn't remember how something in Java worked? This new pocket guide is designed to keep you moving. Concise, convenient and easy to use, the Java Pocket Guide gives you Java stripped down to its bare essentials -- in fact, it's the only book on Java that you can actually fit in your pocket.
Written by Robert and Patricia Liguori, senior software and lead information engineers for Java-based air traffic management and simulation environments, Java Pocket Guide contains everything you really need to know about Java, particularly everything you need to remember. The book pays special attention to the new areas in Java 5 and 6, such as generics and annotations.
Why do you need the Java Pocket Guide?
* It's the only CliffsNotes-style guide to Java available
* Lets you find important things quickly without consulting 1000-page tutorials
* Includes many command-line options
* Organized for quick and easy use on the job
If you're looking to learn some aspect of Java, this is not your book. Java Pocket Guide is for the experienced Java programmers among you who need quick reminders to jog your memory on how something in the language works. Simply put, this pocket guide offers practical help for practicing developers.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 14, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (4)
- 5.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference