Java Cookbook, Second Edition
By Ian F Darwin
Published by O’Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596007010/)
No hip boots needed
It’s your choice: you either can wade your way through lengthy Java tutorials and figure things out by trial and error, or you can download the Java Cookbook app and get right to the heart of what you need to know, when you need to know it.
Put Java to work right away, even if you’re not an expert
Learn by example, try out new features, and use sample code to understand how additions to the language and platform work. This comprehensive collection of solutions and practical examples is ideal for Java developers at all levels of expertise.
—Explore hundreds of tried-and-true Java recipes, covering the major APIs of Java 1.4 and the most important features of Java 5.0
—Get practical solutions to everyday problems, with detailed explanations
—Find code segments covering many specialized APIs, including code for working with Struts, Ant, and other new popular Open Source tools
This app will help you make the most of your Java knowledge, whether you’re new to Java programming or a seasoned Java programmer looking for a new perspective or new ways to solve programming problems.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Ian F. Darwin has worked in the computer industry for three decades: with Unix since 1980, Java since 1995, and OpenBSD since 1998. He is the co-author of Tomcat: The Definitive Guide and author of more than a hundred articles and presentations, along with several full-length courses on Java and Unix. In addition to programming and consulting, Ian teaches Java, Unix, and Python for Learning Tree International, one of the world's largest technical training companies.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (3)
- 7.4 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference