Integrating Excel and Access
By Michael Schmalz
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596009731/)
In a corporate setting, the Microsoft Office Suite is an invaluable set of applications. One of Offices' biggest advantages is that its applications can work together to share information, produce reports, and so on. The problem is, there isn't much documentation on their cross-usage. Until now.
Introducing Integrating Excel and Access, the unique reference that shows you how to combine the strengths of Microsoft Excel with those of Microsoft Access. In particular, the book explains how the powerful analysis tools of Excel can work in concert with the structured storage and more powerful querying of Access. The results that these two applications can produce together are virtually impossible to achieve with one program separately.
But the book isn't just limited to Excel and Access. There's also a chapter on SQL Server, as well as one dedicated to integrating with other Microsoft Office applications. In no time, you'll discover how to:
* Utilize the built in features of Access and Excel to access data
* Use VBA within Access or Excel to access data
* Build connection strings using ADO and DAO
* Automate Excel reports including formatting, functions, and page setup
* Write complex functions and queries with VBA
* Write simple and advanced queries with the Access GUI
* Produce pivot tables and charts with your data
With Integrating Excel and Access, you can crunch and visualize data like never before. It's the ideal guide for anyone who uses Microsoft Office to handle data.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 1.00 (1)
- 7.6 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference