Information Architecture for the World Wide Web, Third Edition
By Peter Morville, Louis Rosenfeld
Published by O’Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596527341/)
Build large-scale, maintainable websites that are easy to navigate
With this app, you get a complete overview of information architecture, along with lots of examples and best practices for emerging technologies. With an emphasis on goals and methodology over tactics or technologies, this enormously popular resource gives you knowledge about information architecture in a way that allows you to learn new approaches—and unlearn outmoded ones.
* Learn the fundamental components of information architecture, including tags, folksonomies, social classification, and guided navigation
* Get the tools and techniques that take you from research to strategy and design to implementation
* Pick up practical tips and philosophical advice
* Learn best practices as you explore case studies on the evolution of two large and very different information architectures
Ideal for beginning and experienced web architects, developers, and designers.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Peter Morville is president of Semantic Studios, an information architecture, user experience, and findability consultancy that includes AT&T, IBM, Microsoft, Internet2, and Yahoo among its clients. A founding father of information architecture, Peter’s work has been featured in publications such as Business Week, the Economist, Fortune, and the Wall Street Journal.
Lou Rosenfeld is an independent information architecture consultant. He has been instrumental in helping establish the field of information architecture, and in articulating the role and value of librarianship within the field.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 19.0 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference