Infectious Diseases of Cuba 2010 edition
Published by GIDEON Informatics
Infectious Diseases of Cuba is one in a series of GIDEON ebooks which summarize the status of individual infectious diseases, in every country of the world. Data are based on the GIDEON web application (www.gideononline.com) which relies on standard text books, peer-review journals, Health Ministry reports and ProMED, supplemented by an ongoing search of the medical literature.
Chapters are arranged alphabetically, by disease name. Each section is divided into four sections:
1. Descriptive epidemiology
2. Summary of clinical features
3. Status of the disease in Cuba
There are 347 generic infectious diseases in the world today. 198 of these are endemic, or potentially endemic, to Cuba. A number of other diseases are not relevant to Cuba and have not been included in this book.
In addition to endemic diseases, all published data regarding imported diseases and infection among expatriates from Cuba are included.
Superb Reading Features
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Oct 23, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 8.1 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference