HTML & CSS: The Good Parts
By Ben Henick
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596157616)
Cut away the fat to create lean, mean web pages
This book takes you beyond the everyday tips, tricks, and techniques of building webpages with HTML & CSS, into the good parts that can really make a difference in what you do. The underlying theory and design of HTML and CSS make a lot of sense, but there’s a lot of what’s become “standard practice” that you just don’t need. Get past the extraneous stuff and learn how to get the most out of these web tools for everything from layout to typography to color.
—Structure HTML markup to maximize the power of CSS
—Implement complex multicolumn layouts from scratch
—Improve site production values with advanced CSS techniques
—Support formal usability and accessibility requirements with tools built into HTML and CSS
—Avoid the most annoying browser and platform limitations
Previous development experience with HTML and CSS is recommended.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Ben Henick is a freelance web developer who’s been using his broad range of skills to produce websites since 1995. His clients include small businesses as well as companies that are household names. Ben has written many articles about web development for alistapart.com, digital-web.com, and the Opera Software Web Standards Curriculum, among others.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (2)
- 8.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference