How to Read a Book: The Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading (by Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren) (UNABRIDGED AUDIOBOOK)
iOS Universal Books
How to Read a Book, first published in 1940, is the best and most successful guide to reading comprehension for the general reader—a living classic. Now it has been completely rewritten and updated.
This book will teach you about the various levels of reading and how to achieve them, from elementary reading and systematic skimming to inspectional reading and speed-reading. Learn how to pigeonhole a book, x-ray it, extract the author’s message, and criticize. The authors offer different reading techniques for various types of books, and finally, a recommended reading list and reading tests for measuring your own progress in reading skills, comprehension, and speed.
Download your book directly over Wi-Fi or cellular network and begin listening as soon as the first track downloads. The Downpour.com powered app features an attractive interface with traditional audio controls in addition to sleep timer, bookmarking, and variable track scrubbing.
• Attractive, easy-to-use interface
• Download audio tracks directly over Wi-Fi and cellular networks for offline listening
• Multitasking for background downloads and background audio controls
• Resume playback functionality
• Remember important parts of the book with bookmarks and notes
• Sleep timer: 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes or when the current track ends
• Variable track scrubbing
Questions or comments? Visit www.downpour.com/kbase or get in touch on Twitter @downpour_com
NEW IN 3.0
The same great audio with a completely new and improved app experience. Optimized for the new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, version 3.0 uses the beautiful and intuitive Downpour.com audio player.
BOOKMARK NOTES - Write a quick note about the bookmarks you create. Export your saved bookmarks via email.
RATE & REVIEW - Rate and review your books right from the app.
SOCIAL - Use the new share button to post to Facebook, Twitter, or email.
• updated for iOS 8
• optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• Airplay button
• New book info view
• Improved downloads on slow networks