Hindu Rituals and Routines - ebook
- Why do we follow them?
- Find Answers to below questions
01. Why do we light a lamp?
02. Why do we have a prayer room?
03. Why do we do Namaste?
04. Why do we prostrate before parents and elders?
05. Why do we wear marks (tilak, pottu and the like) on the forehead?
06. Why do we not touch papers, books and people with the feet?
07. To touch another with the feet is considered an act of misdemeanor. Why is this so?
08. Why do we apply the holy ash?
09. Why do offer food to the Lord before eating it?
10. Why do we fast?
11. Why do we do pradakshina (circumambulate)?
12. Why is pradakshina done only in a clockwise manner?
13. Why do we regard trees and plants as sacred?
14. Why do we ring the bell in a temple?
15. Why do we worship the kalasha?
16. Why do we consider the lotus as special?
17. Why do we worship tulasi?
18. Why do we blow the conch?
19. Why do we say shaanti thrice?
20. Why do we offer a coconut?
21. Why do we chant Om?
22. Why do we do aarati?
Hinduism is not a religion but a way of life. Unlike other religions, Hindu dharma has many specialties. This is not known as a religion, it is known as the dharma; Sanaathana Dharma. Sanaathana means, according to Bhagavath Geetha, which cannot be destroyed by fire, weapons, water, air, and which is present in all living and non living being. Dharma means, the way of life which is the ‘total of all aachaaraas or customs and rituals’.
(Please Note: Information on this iPhone ebook is provided for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own belief. Content about each steps is taken/edited from various online sources.)
For additional information on publishing your books on iPhone please visit www.AppsPublisher.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 04, 2010
- IndiaNIC Infocom Limited
- Average Rating:
- 3.50 (7)
- 1.5 MB