Google Wave: Up and Running
By Andres Ferrate
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596806019)
Shape the Wave to fit your needs
Catch Google Wave, the revolutionary Internet protocol and web service that lets you communicate and collaborate in realtime. With this book, you’ll understand how Google Wave integrates email, instant messaging (IM), wiki, and social networking functionality into a powerful and extensible platform. You’ll also learn how to use its features, customize its functions, and build sophisticated extensions with Google Wave’s open APIs and network protocol. The book provides practical information for everyone from non-techies to ninja coders.
—Become thoroughly familiar with Google Wave, including its structure, key concepts, and terminology
—Get a hands-on introduction to the APIs and resources that will help you develop on this platform
—Learn how to use Google Wave’s APIs to develop your own gadgets and robots, and to embed waves on web pages
—Discover through use cases how Google Wave offers consumers a distinct advantage over current communication and collaboration technologies
Previous experience with web development -- including HTML, Ajax, and Python programming -- is recommended but not required.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Andrés Ferraté is the founder of Cartosoft, a company focused on expanding the reach of geospatial technology. He is also a regular contributor to ProgrammableWeb, a leading portal for API and mashup information.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- 9.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference