This app was removed from the App Store.
German Reader (Bücher & Wörterbücher)
iOS Universal Books
German Reader (Bücher & Wörterbücher) is the combination of an eBooks Reader and Dictionaries, that allow you to read foreign books as well as study foreign languages (English, French, German, Japanese …) easily. German Reader is mainly for German persons and who is studying German.
German Reader has following functions:
SUPPORT MANY BOOK FORMATS:
It can read many books format as following
- Comics, Manga files (.cbr, .cbz, .zip, .rar)
- non-DRM Palm OS ebook (.prc, .mobi, .pdb - text only)
- non-DRM ePub
- PDF (Reflow Text or Original view)
- RTF (text-only)
- FB2 (text-only)
- Word(doc, docx), Excel(xls, xlsx), PowerPoint(ppt, pptx), Html, plain text
Each time you want to know the meaning of new word when reading book, you can immediately find it inside dictionaries data without switching to another application.
Application includes following dictionaries:
- English - German (250,000 words)
- German - English (250,000 words)
- French - German (300,000 words)
- German - French (300,000 words)
- Japanese - German (500,000 words)
- German - Japanese (130,000 words)
- Italian - German (400,000 words)
- German - Italian (420,000 words)
- Spanish - German (410,000 words)
- German - Spanish (400,000 words)
- Chinese - German (500,000 words)
- German - Chinese (130,000 words)
- Portugese - German (300,000 words)
- German - Portugese (130,000 words)
ADD CUSTOM DICTIONARIES:
You can download more Stardict dictionaries from Internet to be used within this application.
When reading foreign book, if there is any unknown word or phase, you can translate it into your languages. (The application support 105 languages)
You can sync ebook files to German Reader by using following methods:
(1) Sync from iTunes Application in your PC or Mac:
- Open iTunes app
- Connect your device to the computer
- In the left frame of iTunes app, select your iPhone (or iPod, iPad) device
- In the right view, select "Apps" menu
- In "File Sharing": select Apps - German Reader icon
- Drag & drop e-book files to the "German Reader Documents" area
-> Open German Reader in your iPhone (or iPod, iPad), and press refresh icon
(2) Open e-book file in your iPhone (or iPod, iPad) from another application
- Open e-book files (attached in email or downloaded from website)
- Select "Open in German Reader"
You can set private password so that only you can open the application.
ADJUST FONT SIZE, BACKGROUND COLOR, BRIGHTNESS:
You can increase or decrease font size, change background color or brightness when reading books
- Fix bugs