Founding Brothers (Audiobook)
iOS iPhone Books
This application contains a professional recording of Founding Brothers -- wrapped in a beautiful and elegant player to create an immersive and enjoyable audiobook experience.
A New York Times best-seller, Founding Brothers is an engrossing work of nonfiction from National Book Award-winner Joseph J. Ellis. It is a book that uncovers the substance behind many of our most cherished historical tales. Here are six fascinating, well-researched chapters involving such icons as George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison. Each chapter illuminates a particular occurrence that helped determine the course of American history while the nation was still in its infancy. Witness the infamous duel between Hamilton and Aaron Burr, and a secret dinner party that ended the haggling over a site for a permanent national capital. The Ford Foundation Professor of History at Mount Holyoke College, Joseph J. Ellis draws on his expertise to craft an engaging portrait of the men who shaped democracy. Nelson Runger, acclaimed for his narrations of nonfiction works, delivers a crisp reading that breathes life back into America's founders.
- Automatic bookmarking to keep track of your place for you
- Gorgeous user interface to create an immersive reading experience
- Notes - Allows you to write down thoughts as you listen and email them to yourself or friends.
- Preloaded with content to allow for offline use
- high resolution images optimized for the new iPhone 4 display
- allows background playback on iPhone 4, 3GS, and 3rd gen iPod
- can use handsfree headset and lockscreen controls to control playback
- iOS4 compliant