Flex 4 Cookbook
By Joshua Noble, Todd Anderson, Garth Braithwaite, Marco Casario, Rich Tretola
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596805623)
Jumpstart Your Applications with Ready-to-Use Code
Flex 4 Cookbook is the ideal problem-solving guide for developing interactive Rich Internet Applications on the Adobe Flash Platform. With this collection of recipes, you’ll find answers to hundreds of common problems you may encounter when using Adobe Flex, Flex 4 Framework, or Flash Builder.
This book has practical solutions for everything from Flex basics to working with visual components and data access, as well as tips on application development, unit testing, and Adobe AIR. Each recipe provides an explanation of how and why it works, and includes sample code that you can use immediately.
* Using Spark Component
* Text Layout Framework
* Groups and Layout
* Spark List and ItemRenderer
* Images, bitmaps, videos, and sounds
* CSS, styling, and skinning
* States and Effects
* Working with Collections
* Using DataBinding
* Validation, formatting, and regular expressions
* Using Charts
* Services and Data Access
* Using RSLs and Modules
* Working with Adobe AIR 2.0
About the Authors
Josh Noble is a freelance developer, designer, educator, and consultant who works extensively with Flex and Flash.
Todd Anderson is a Senior Software Engineer at Infrared5, developing web, desktop, and mobile applications targeting the Flash Platform.
Garth Braithwaite is an Interactive Engineer and Consultant for Media Blacksmith, a company he co-founded. He is an Adobe Certified Expert in Flex 3 and AIR.
Marco Casario is the CTO of Comtaste, an Adobe Solution Partner with a focus on Enterprise RIA development, and author of several books on Flex, AIR, and Flash.
Rich Tretola, Applications Development Manager at Herff Jones Inc., is an award-winning Flex developer, and author of Professional Flex 2 and Beginning AIR (Wrox).
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 8.4 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference