Facebook: The Missing Manual
By E. A. Vander Veer
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596517694/)
PLEASE NOTE that there is a newer edition of this book in the app store.
Facebook is the wildly popular, free social networking site that combines the best of blogs, online forums, photo sharing, clever applications, and interaction among friends. The one thing it doesn't have is a user's guide to help you truly take advantage of it. Until now. Facebook: The Missing Manual gives you a crystal clear and entertaining look at everything this fascinating Facebook phenomenon has to offer.
Teeming with high-quality color graphics, each page in this Missing Manual is uniquely designed to help you with specific Facebook tasks, such as signing up, networking, shopping, joining groups, finding or filling a job, and a whole lot more. You'll discover how to create your page and make connections with other members in no time -- everybody who went to your school, for example, or those who work at your company or play on your soccer team. Then, bingo! Instant access to the personal and professional details of all the folks you're connected with, the people they're connected with, and so on, and so on.
With Facebook: The Missing Manual, you learn to:
* Join a network, whether it's where you went to school, work-related, or based on other interests
* Look up old friends, find new ones, and decide who you'd like to keep track of
* Contact members by virtually poking them, or leaving notes on their message boards
* Get automatic updates from Facebook friends and send updates of your own
* Participate in groups of particular interest and meet up with members face-to-face
* Buy and sell using Facebook's marketplace and classified ads
* Find a job or hire employees by combing through the member pool
* Use Facebook as a collaboration tool to keep team members, co-workers, clients, and projects up to date
* Play it safe by using a multi-pronged approach to ensuring your privacy
Think of Facebook as a 30-million-plus-entry searchable Rolodex on steroids! With help from this guide, you'll quickly get into the Facebook experience -- without getting in over your head.
About O'Reilly Media
O’Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone eBook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 2.00 (4)
- 10.1 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference