Enterprise Development with Flex
By Yakov Fain, Victor Rasputnis, Anatole Tartakovsky
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596154172)
Put some muscle in your enterprise apps
If you want to use Adobe Flex to build production-quality Rich Internet Applications for the enterprise, this groundbreaking book shows you exactly what’s required. You’ll learn efficient techniques and best practices, and compare several frameworks and tools available for RIA development -- well beyond anything you’ll find in Flex tutorials and product documentation. Through practical examples, the authors help you overcome challenges during project life cycles.
—Choose among several frameworks to build Flex applications, including Cairngorm, PureMVC, Mate, and Clear Toolkit
¬—Apply selected design patterns with Flex
—Learn how to extend the Flex framework and build your own component library
—Develop a sample AIR application that automatically synchronizes local and remote databases to support your sales force
—Get solutions for leveraging AMF protocol and synchronizing Flex client data modifications with BlazeDS-based servers
—Determine the actual performance of your application and improve its efficiency
Working knowledge of Adobe Flex is recommended.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Yakov Fain, Dr. Victor Rasputnis, and Anatole Tartakovsky form the core of Farata Systems, a consulting and training services company. Fain and Dr. Rasputnis are Adobe Certified Flex Instructors, and provide architectural design, management, training, and mentoring of enterprise developers implementing RIAs with Adobe Flex and Java. Tartakovsky is responsible for creating frameworks and reusable components, as well as leading consulting projects. All three have authored several books on Flex and Java, as well as dozens of articles on software development.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- 14.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference
• Solid – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Solid Conference
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference