Researchers now have an optimized way to experience authoritative content – both online and offline! Search, read, and download e-books that your institution acquires from leading publishers as well as materials uploaded and integrated by your librarian. What's more, you can import your own PDF documents – outside of the ebrary platform – through the app itself.
Key features include:
* Online and offline reading
* Seamless downloading of full titles
* Simple and advanced search
* Multiple navigation controls
* Table of contents with relevancy rankings
* Early check-in of ebrary's e-books
* Copy and paste with automatic citation for offline documents
* User configurable download size warnings
* Import and use documents from other sources
* Available in English and Spanish
* Optional sign-in with Facebook user name and password
* email ID based authentication
* Use of up to 7 different devices from the same account
Due to the security improvements between the app and the server version 1.3 is the only currently supported version of the app.
This release has been focused on fixing customer issues with logging in – both generally and through Facebook.
The Facebook issue has been fixed and Facebook authentication remains supported. However, use of Facebook authentication is no longer necessary due to a new email based authentication method that is more convenient and secure.
In addition to Facebook authentication there were also problems accessing accounts from institutions with internal SSO or proxy server authentication at the school level. In these cases mobile users could not know their internal ebrary ID so access to mobile was unavailable other than through Facebook.
The email based authentication addresses the institution’s concern for patron privacy while still providing a way to uniquely authenticate users and tie them to specific devices as required by ebrary publisher agreements. Use of the email method is described on www.support.ebrary.com under the mobile app topic.
* Added email authentication
* Solved Facebook authentication problems
* Added form factors for iPad Mini and iPhone 5
* Added security for user IDs and passwords
* Unique Device identification using UUID rather than UDID
* Support of 7 active sessions from the same user ID
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- 6 days ago
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (40)
- 9.9 MB