This app was removed from the App Store.
eBook: The Art of Public Speaking
iOS Universal Books
Enjoy reading The Art of Public Speaking ebook with auto-scrolling, day and night viewing modes, bookmarks, multiple font sizes, full screen viewing in portrait and landscape orientations, and more!
• AUTO-SCROLL: Hands free reading with our advanced variable speed auto-scrolling.
• FULL SCREEN VIEW: No tab, navigation, or toolbars to get in your viewing way.
• BOOKMARK CONTROLS: Bookmarking lets you start up where you left off fast.
• MULTIPLE FONT SIZES: Increase or decrease the text size quickly and easily.
• DAY & NIGHT MODES: Switch from day to night mode at the touch of a finger.
• PORTRAIT & LANDSCAPE: Read your eBook in portrait or landscape position.
• AUTO SETTINGS: Your viewer settings are automatically saved and loaded.
• COPY & PASTE: Copy and paste selected text to other apps.
• TEXT MAGNIFICATION: Magnify text for easier reading.
• And more!
eBook Media Viewer Series #43
Title: The Art of Public Speaking
Author: Dale Carnegie
Genre: Non-fiction, Instructional
Description: Training in public speaking is not a matter of externals--primarily; it is not a matter of imitation--fundamentally; it is not a matter of conformity to standards--at all. Public speaking is public utterance, public issuance, of the man himself; therefore the first thing both in time and in importance is that the man should be and think and feel things that are worthy of being given forth. Unless there be something of value within, no tricks of training can ever make of the talker anything more than a machine--albeit a highly perfected machine--for the delivery of other men's goods. So self-development is fundamental in our plan.
Table of Contents:
THINGS TO THINK OF FIRST--A FOREWORD
CHAPTER I--ACQUIRING CONFIDENCE BEFORE AN AUDIENCE
CHAPTER II--THE SIN OF MONOTONY
CHAPTER III--EFFICIENCY THROUGH EMPHASIS AND SUBORDINATION
CHAPTER IV--EFFICIENCY THROUGH CHANGE OF PITCH
CHAPTER V--EFFICIENCY THROUGH CHANGE OF PACE
CHAPTER VI--PAUSE AND POWER
CHAPTER VII--EFFICIENCY THROUGH INFLECTION
CHAPTER VIII--CONCENTRATION IN DELIVERY
CHAPTER X--FEELING AND ENTHUSIASM
CHAPTER XI--FLUENCY THROUGH PREPARATION
CHAPTER XII--THE VOICE
CHAPTER XIII--VOICE CHARM
CHAPTER XIV--DISTINCTNESS AND PRECISION OF UTTERANCE
CHAPTER XV--THE TRUTH ABOUT GESTURE
CHAPTER XVI--METHODS OF DELIVERY
CHAPTER XVII--THOUGHT AND RESERVE POWER
CHAPTER XVIII--SUBJECT AND PREPARATION
CHAPTER XIX--INFLUENCING BY EXPOSITION
CHAPTER XX--INFLUENCING BY DESCRIPTION
CHAPTER XXI--INFLUENCING BY NARRATION
CHAPTER XXII--INFLUENCING BY SUGGESTION
CHAPTER XXIII--INFLUENCING BY ARGUMENT
CHAPTER XXIV--INFLUENCING BY PERSUASION
CHAPTER XXV--INFLUENCING THE CROWD
CHAPTER XXVI--RIDING THE WINGED HORSE
CHAPTER XXVII--GROWING A VOCABULARY
CHAPTER XXVIII--MEMORY TRAINING
CHAPTER XXIX--RIGHT THINKING AND PERSONALITY
CHAPTER XXX--AFTER-DINNER AND OTHER OCCASIONAL SPEAKING
CHAPTER XXXI--MAKING CONVERSATION EFFECTIVE
APPENDIX A--FIFTY QUESTIONS FOR DEBATE
APPENDIX B--THIRTY THEMES FOR SPEECHES, WITH SOURCE-REFERENCES
APPENDIX C--SUGGESTIVE SUBJECTS FOR SPEECHES; HINTS FOR TREATMENT
APPENDIX D--SPEECHES FOR STUDY AND PRACTISE
Updated for latest iOS.