DocBook 5: The Definitive Guide
By Norman Walsh
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596805012)
Complete Documentation of DocBook 5
If you need a reliable tool for technical documentation, this book helps you take advantage of DocBook -- the popular XML schema originally developed to document computer and hardware projects. DocBook 5.0 has been expanded and simplified to address documentation needs in other fields, and it’s quickly becoming the tool of choice for many content providers. This book has everything you need to know about DocBook 5.0 -- it’s the official documentation of this schema.
* Learn how to write DocBook XML documents
* Understand DocBook 5.0’s elements and attributes, and how they fit together
* Determine whether your documents conform to the DocBook schema
* Learn about options for publishing DocBook to various output formats
* Customize the DocBook schema to meet your needs
* Get additional information about DocBook editing and processing
About the Authors
Norm Walsh, a principal technologist at Mark Logic Corporation, is chair of the DocBook Technical Committee at OASIS. At the W3C, he is chair of the XML Processing Model Working Group and co-chair of the XML Core Working Group.
Richard L. Hamilton is founder and owner of XML Press, a publishing imprint dedicated to technical communicators, managers, and marketers. He has more than 10 years experience leading documentation tools and writing teams at AT&T, Novell, and Hewlett-Packard.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 6.8 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference