By Jenifer Tidwell
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/0636920000556)
Learn the Most Useful Patterns for Application UIs
Despite all of the UI toolkits available today, it's still not easy to design good application interfaces. By capturing UI best practices and reusable ideas as design patterns, this bestselling book provides solutions to common design problems that you can tailor to the situation at hand. This updated edition includes patterns for mobile apps, social media, web applications, and desktop software. Each pattern contains full-color examples and practical design advice that you can use immediately.
* Design engaging and usable interfaces with more confidence and less guesswork
* Learn design concepts that are often misunderstood, such as affordances, visual hierarchy, navigational distance, and the use of color
* Get recommendations for specific UI patterns, including alternatives and warnings on when not to use them
* Mix and recombine UI ideas
* Polish the look and feel of your interfaces with graphic design principles and patterns
"Anyone who's serious about designing interfaces should have this book on their shelf for reference. It's the most comprehensive cross-platform examination of common interface patterns anywhere."
--Dan Saffer, author of Designing Gestural Interfaces (O'Reilly) and Designing for Interaction (New Riders)
About the Author
Jenifer Tidwell is a writer and consultant in interaction design, information architecture, and pre-design analysis. She has designed and built user interfaces for companies such as Google and The MathWorks and has been thinking about and creating user interfaces since 1991.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (3)
- 19.3 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference