Death of a Kingfisher (by M. C. Beaton)
iOS Universal Books
When Scotland is hit by recession, police constable Hamish Macbeth notices that the Highland people are forced to come up with inventive ways to lure tourists to their sleepy towns. The quaint village of Braikie doesn’t have much to offer, other than a place of rare beauty called Buchan’s Wood, which was bequeathed to the town. The savvy local tourist director renames the woods “The Fairy Glen,” and has brochures printed with a beautiful photograph of a kingfisher rising from a pond on the cover.
It isn’t long before coach tours begin to arrive. But just as the town’s luck starts to turn, a kingfisher is found hanging from a branch in the woods with a noose around its neck. As a wave of vandalism threatens to ruin Braikie forever, the town turns to Hamish Macbeth. And when violence strikes again, the lawman’s investigation quickly turns from animal cruelty to murder.
Download your book directly over Wi-Fi or cellular network and begin listening as soon as the first track downloads. The Downpour.com powered app features an attractive interface with traditional audio controls in addition to sleep timer, bookmarking, and variable track scrubbing.
• Attractive, easy-to-use interface
• Download audio tracks directly over Wi-Fi and cellular networks for offline listening
• Multitasking for background downloads and background audio controls
• Resume playback functionality
• Remember important parts of the book with bookmarks and notes
• Sleep timer: 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes or when the current track ends
• Variable track scrubbing
Questions or comments? Visit www.downpour.com/kbase or get in touch on Twitter @downpour_com