Curious George's Dictionary
2009 Nappa Gold Winner
National Parenting Publications Awards
The world’s most curious monkey investigates new words in this fully interactive picture dictionary for young children. Both entertaining and educationally sound, it features charming illustrations and reflects recent research in early childhood literacy. Children can navigate from A to Z with simple swipes and taps, through nearly six hundred words.
- Scroll back and forth along the alphabet menu. Tap the picture to hear the letter or section read aloud, and tap the blue letter box to go there.
- On each vocabulary page:
- Swipe left and right for new words in alphabetical order.
- Tap the blue house (top right) to return to the main alphabet menu.
- Tap the screen to hear the word read aloud.
- Tap the blue letter box (bottom right) to bring up a secondary menu bar. Scroll left and right along the bar to skip quickly to different words. Tap the box again to hide.
- “How To” is an illustrated user’s guide to the application.
- “Learn,” an illustrated story, shows George learning to look up words in his dictionary, drawing children in while introducing them to dictionary skills.
- “Numbers,” “Quantities,” “Colors & Shapes,” and “Opposites” present thematic vocabulary groupings with whimsical illustrations.
About Houghton Mifflin
Boston-based Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company is a global education leader and the world's largest publisher of educational materials for pre-K–12 schools. The Company publishes a comprehensive set of best-in-class educational solutions, ranging from research-based textbook programs to instructional technology to standards-based assessments for students and educators. The Company also publishes an extensive line of reference works and award-winning literature for adults and young readers. With origins dating back to 1832, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt combines its tradition of excellence with a commitment to innovation. To learn more about Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, visit www.hmhpub.com.
- Removed sound echo
- Disabled auto dimming
- Updated control behavior
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Apr 13, 2012
- Night & Day Studios, Inc.
- 271.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (60)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.00 (93)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Arthur Meets the President - by Marc Brown
• Arthur Turns Green - by Marc Brown
• Arthur Turns Green - by Marc Brown - LITE
• Arthur Writes a Story by Marc Brown
• Arthur's Baby - by Marc Brown
• Arthur's Birthday - by Marc Brown
• Arthur's Pet Business - by Marc Brown
• Arthur's Teacher Trouble - by Marc Brown
• Arthur's Tooth - by Marc Brown
• Arthur’s Underwear - by Marc Brown
• Batman: Stickers with Sounds
• Big Nate: Comix By U!
• Big Nate: Comix By U! HD
• Caillou Stickers!
• Caillou's World
• Caillou's World for iPad
• Cat Doorman's Little Red Wagon
• Curious George's Dictionary for iPad
• DC Super Friends - Hawaiian Ice Mystery
• DC Super Friends: Haunted Heroes
• DC Super Friends: Race to Save Christmas
• DC Super Friends: Stickers with Sounds
• Ed Emberley's Shake & Make
• Fall Fright: A Scooby-Doo You Play Too Book
• Go Away, Big Green Monster!
• Go Away, Big Green Monster! for iPad
• Kindermusik Radio App (includes lyrics!)
• My A-Z
• Peekaboo Barn
• Peekaboo Barn Lite
• Peekaboo Forest
• Peekaboo Fridge™
• Peekaboo Friends
• Peekaboo People starring Richard Scarry's Busytown
• Peekaboo Presents
• Peekaboo Sesame Street
• Peekaboo Trick or Treat with Ed Emberley
• Peekaboo Wild
• Richard Scarry's Busytown
• Richard Scarry's Busytown HD
• Scooby-Doo and the Creepy Chef: A Scooby-Doo You Play Too Book
• Scooby-Doo and the Opera Ogre: A Scooby-Doo You Play Too Book
• Scooby-Doo and the Werewolf: A Scooby-Doo You Play Too Book
• Scooby-Doo: Stickers with Sounds
• Superman: Stickers with Sounds
• The Apple Thief: A Scooby-Doo You Play Too Book
• The Haunted Halloween: A Scooby-Doo You Play Too Book
• The Looney Tunes Show: Stickers with Sounds
• Tom and Jerry: Stickers with Sounds
• Yummiloo Rainbow Power