Cop Town (by Karin Slaughter)
iOS Universal Books
The critically acclaimed and New York Times bestselling master of suspense delivers her first stand-alone novel, a thrilling tale of crime and struggle set in Atlanta in the mid-1970s.
Atlanta, 1974. It’s Kate Murphy’s first day on the job, and the Atlanta Police Department is seething after the murder of an officer. Before the day has barely begun, she already suspects she’s not cut out to be a cop. Her male uniform is too big, she can’t handle a gun, and she’s rapidly learning that the APD is hardly a place that welcomes women. Worse still, in the ensuing manhunt, she’ll be partnered with Maggie Lawson, a cop with her own ax to grind (and a brother and uncle already on the force)—a strategy meant to isolate Kate and Maggie from the action. But the move will backfire, putting them right at the heart of it.
Cop Town is an incredibly atmospheric nail-biter from the author the Huffington Post called an “exemplary storyteller” and “one of the great talents of the twenty-first century.”
Download your book directly over Wi-Fi or cellular network and begin listening as soon as the first track downloads. The Downpour.com powered app features an attractive interface with traditional audio controls in addition to sleep timer, bookmarking, and variable track scrubbing.
• Attractive, easy-to-use interface
• Download audio tracks directly over Wi-Fi and cellular networks for offline listening
• Multitasking for background downloads and background audio controls
• Resume playback functionality
• Remember important parts of the book with bookmarks and notes
• Sleep timer: 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 minutes or when the current track ends
• Variable track scrubbing
Questions or comments? Visit www.downpour.com/kbase or get in touch on Twitter @downpour_com