*** The new and improved Web Server (30,000+ comics uploaded by all ComicFlow users after a few days) is initially limited to 50 uploads after which you will get errors unless you purchase the unlimited version. ***
Finally a comic reader for iPad done right! ComicFlow was designed with one goal in mind: providing the best experience for comic fans with large collections.
- Polished interface
- Can handle very large comic collections (1,500+ comics and dozens of GB) without crashing or becoming unusable
- Imports new comics in the background
- Doesn't need to pre-process comic files before you can read them
- Supports .cbr, .cbz and pdf files
Importing Comics - iTunes with USB cable:
- Connect your iPad to your computer and launch iTunes
- In the Applications section, select ComicFlow in the list at the bottom
- Drag and drop comic files into the Documents area
- If ComicFlow is already running, display the settings window (upper-right button) and tap on "Update Library"
Importing Comics - Web Server over WiFi (In-App purchase required for unlimited use):
- Make sure your iPad and computer are on the same WiFi network and network traffic on port 8080 is not blocked
- Launch ComicFlow
- Display the settings window (upper-right button) and enable Web Server if needed
- Open the provided URL in a web browser on your computer
- To upload comics as part of series (or add to an existing series, just enter the name of the series in the input field
Deleting or changing a comic or series status:
- Tap and hold on a comic thumbnail or a series thumbnail
- Choose the appropriate option in the pop-up menu that appears
ComicFlow is also the first (and only?) open-source comic reader for iPad: get the full source from http://code.google.com/p/comicflow under GPL v3 license.
Looking for free public domain comics? Check out http://digitalcomicmuseum.com!
This updates improves the reliability of the Web Server when the app is in background.
The Web Server is initially limited to 50 uploads after which you will get errors unless you purchase the unlimited version.
*** In a few days after launch, already 30,000+ comics have been uploaded by ComicFlow users with the new Web Server. If the Web Server doesn't work for you, please describe problem to email@example.com. ***
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 16, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 4.50 (575)
- 34.2 MB