Cisco IOS Cookbook, Second Edition
By Kevin Dooley and Ian Brown
Published by O’Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596527228/)
Solve IOS configuration problems without breaking a sweat.
Cisco IOS Cookbook includes recipes for most common tasks using Cisco’s Internetwork Operating System (IOS), so you can quickly develop the most effective configuration for your needs. You’ll find sections on MPLS, Security, IPv6, and IP Mobility to help you configure:
— Interfaces of many types, from serial to ATM and Frame Relay
— RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP IP routing protocols (RIP, EIGRP, OSPF, and BGP)
— Services, including DHCP and NTP
— Layer 2 and Layer 3 firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention, and other security features
— IPv6 networking, including routing, route filtering, and tunneling
— Backup routers using HSRP
An essential resource for experienced network administrators, with or without a working knowledge of Cisco IOS.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Kevin Dooley has been designing and implementing networks as an independent consultant for more than ten years. Kevin holds a PhD in physics from the University of Toronto and is the author of Designing Large-Scale LANs (O’Reilly).
Ian J. Brown is a Cisco Certified Internetworking Expert with more than 12 years of experience in the networking industry. His areas of expertise include TCP/IP and IP routing, as well as management, security, design, and troubleshooting for large-scale networks.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 14, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (10)
- 7.2 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference