This app was removed from the App Store.
Grand Master Chess Classics
iOS Universal Books
Grand Master Chess Classics is a collection of very old and very hard to find books with chess problems. It is a universal app so after you buy it you can read these titles on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad.
There are 14 titles currently available when you purchase this app:
1. CHESS PROBLEMS by V. M. N. Portilla, 1873
2. SEVENTY-FIVE CHESS PROBLEMS by John Thursby, Trinity Coll., Camb., 1883
3. ENGLISH CHESS PROBLEMS edited by James Pierce and W. Timbrell Pierce, 1876
4. CHESS STRATEGY by ‘J. B., of Bridport’, 1865
5. CRUMBS FROM THE CHESS BOARD by Charles A. Gilbers, 1890
6. CHESS PROBLEMS by F. W. Martindale, 1872
7. TWO HUNDRED CHESS PROBLEMS composed by Frank Healey, 1866
8. A SELECTION OF ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN CHESS PROBLEMS composed by Francis C. Collins, 1881
9. 777 Chess Miniatures in three - Collected and Arranged by E. Wallis, Springfield, Scarborough, 1908
10. A SELECTION FROM CHESS PROBLEMS COMPOSED DURING THE PAST 30 YEARS by Charles White, 1885
11. GLOBE PROBLEM AND SOLUTION TOURNEY No. 2 conducted by C.F.Stubbs, 1888
12. CANADIAN CHESS PROBLEMS by C. F. STUBBS, 1890
13. The Artistry of the Chess Problem - with special reference to the beauties of the three- and four-mover
by B. G. Laws, 1923
14. A Collection Of Chess Problems by A. C. PALMER, 1890
You can use our chess game app "Grand Master Chess" (or "Grand Master Chess HD" on an iPad) to setup each of these compositions and try to solve it. Or use "Grand Master Chess" to test the solutions from each of these books. "Grand Master Chess" features a very strong chess engine rated at over 2500 ELO. It's probably the strongest chess engine in the App Store.
None of the texts available in this collection is ideal for learning about chess problems and problem solving. If you don't know how to play chess and want to learn then you should download "Grand Master Chess Beginner Collection".