C# 4.0 in a Nutshell, Fourth Edition
By Joseph Albahari, Ben Albahari
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596800963)
What people are saying about C# 4.0 in a Nutshell
"C# 4.0 in a Nutshell is one of the few books I keep on my desk as a quick reference. It is a book I recommend."
--Scott Guthrie, Corporate Vice President, .NET Developer Platform, Microsoft Corporation
"A must-read for a concise but thorough examination of the parallel programming features in the .NET Framework 4."
--Stephen Toub, Parallel Computing Platform Program Manager, Microsoft
"This wonderful book is a great reference for developers of all levels."
-- Chris Burrows, C# Compiler Team, Microsoft
When you have questions about how to use C# 4.0 or the .NET CLR, this highly acclaimed bestseller has precisely the answers you need. Uniquely organized around concepts and use cases, this fourth edition includes in-depth coverage of new C# topics such as parallel programming, code contracts, dynamic programming, security, and COM interoperability. You'll also find updated information on LINQ, including examples that work with both LINQ to SQL and Entity Framework. This book has all the essential details to keep you on track with C# 4.0.
* Get up to speed on C# language basics, including syntax, types, and variables
* Explore advanced topics such as unsafe code and preprocessor directives
* Learn C# 4.0 features such as dynamic binding, type parameter variance, and optional and named parameters
* Work with .NET 4's rich set of features for parallel programming, code contracts, and the code security model
* Learn .NET topics, including XML, collections, I/O and networking, memory management, reflection, attributes, security, and native interoperability
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 14, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (1)
- 9.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference