Book Scanner Pro
iOS Universal Books
ABBYY BookScanner – smart pocket scanner for books!
BookScanner turns your mobile device into a powerful mobile scanner to quickly capture books, create electronic copies in PDF and JPG, EPUB or FB2 and apply online OCR to recognize texts from scans for further editing and sharing.
Create an ebook on your iPhone or iPad and make perfect digital copies of paper ones. BookScanner is a lifesaver for students, researchers and virtually anyone, that is always at hand.
• BOOKSCANNER. Take a snapshot of facing book pages. BookScanner will split the shot into two separate images and correct any distortions and lighting defects. It will then unbend any curved lines as if you pressed the book against the glass of a desktop scanner.
• EBOOKS. Scan paper books and create electronic copies in PDF, JPEG, EPUB or FB2.
• OCR. Recognize text (OCR) on scans in 193 languages (including Latin, Cyrillic and CJK alphabets) and choose from among 12 output formats (DOCX, PDF, TXT and more) preserving the original document formatting such as lists, tables and headers.
• ANNOTATE SCANS. Use our set of easy-to-use tools to modify your PDFs: add your signature or a text box, use highlighter, write with a pen, or conceal sensitive content with the redaction tool.
• MULTIPAGE DOCS. Create, edit and enhance separate images or large multi-page books (up to 100 pages per book) quickly and easily.
• SHARE & EXPORT. Send books via email, save in cloud storages - iCloud Drive, Dropbox, Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Evernote and more, transfer them to your Mac or PC using iTunes sharing.
• BUILT-IN FILE STORAGE. Save scans inside the app with tags and search capabilities.
• PASSWORD POTECTION. Protect your image-only PDF files with a password while exporting and sending via email.
• AUTO-CAPTURE AND FILTERS. Excellent visual quality with auto-capture of page boundaries and advanced image filters, which processes scans in color, greyscale or black-and-white versions.
• BEST-SHOT PHOTO MODE. Select Best-shot button on the viewfinder and BookScanner will automatically choose and process the best of the three images captured.
• 3D TOUCH AND SPOTLIGHT SEARCH. Tap the BookScanner icon and find scans straight from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
• AIRPRINT. Print out scans directly from your iPhone or iPad.
Your Library Pocket Scanner.
Please leave a review if you like BookScanner. It will be highly appreciated!
Please welcome new BookScanner! For the last months we were working hard on a huge and long-awaited BookScanner update and now happy to introduce it to you:
+ The technology of book scanning has been improved: the problem with page losses in multi-page documents’ upload to the server was resolved; the crop of book page spreads was improved; a progress bar with a number of exported to BookScan Server pages appeared.
+ BookScanner is now fully compatible with iPhoneX and iOS 11 and includes the most excellent features from new OS.
+ The app now has powerful annotation tools: signature, highlighter, pen, text box, and redaction of sensitive content. In order to use them, you need to go to the scanned results, open the necessary page, edit it and save results.
+ The Drag and Drop functionality for iPad to import quickly images and PDFs to the app for recognition and export generated PDFs and recognized text to other apps.
+ A4 document boundaries detection and auto-crop accuracy improved by 53% thanks to new detection technology.
+ Password protection on every uploaded document: find Password for PDF in Settings and choose to use a password.
+ File format to choose in automatic upload to the cloud. Go to Settings, find Cloud services and choose the size and format of your files: original or small, JPG or PDF.
Please feel free to leave reviews, we read all of them and take them into consideration to make our product better and better for you!