App Savvy: Turning Ideas into iPhone and iPad Apps Customers Really Want
How can you make your iPhone or iPad app stand out in the highly competitive App Store? Many books only explore the technical aspects of iPhone and iPad app design and development. App Savvy also focuses on the business, product, and marketing elements critical to pursuing, completing, and selling your app. This practical reference shows you how to engage customers early and often, so you can get their input for creating an app they’ll be passionate about.
Whether you’re a designer, developer, entrepreneur, or someone who simply has a great idea for an app, App Savvy explains every step in the process, with guidelines for making your app unique, addressing budget items, and finding the right app developer. The iPhone and iPad will continue to demand the attention of consumers, the media, and organizations of all sizes. This book shows you how to take advantage of this growing market.
• Learn specifics about the App Store, Apple’s mobile devices, and iPhone OS 4.0
• Follow guidelines for vetting and researching app ideas
• Begin talking with customers and marketing your app before it’s built
• Assemble the right team, understand costs, and establish a workable process
• Assess performance and improve an app once launched into the App Store
• Read extensive interviews with successful small and large app developers
With this Early Release edition, you’ll get the entire book in its earliest form -- the author’s raw and unedited content -- so you can take advantage of this content long before the book’s official release. You’ll also receive updates when significant changes are made, as well as the final ebook version. All of this for a fraction of the price of the printed book.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Full Version Released.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 10.7 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference