By Ivan Ristic
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596007249/)
With more than 67% of web servers running Apache, it is by far the most widely used web server platform in the world. Apache has evolved into a powerful system that easily rivals other HTTP servers in terms of functionality, efficiency, and speed. Despite these impressive capabilities, though, Apache is only a beneficial tool if it's a secure one.
To be sure, administrators installing and configuring Apache still need a sure-fire way to secure it--whether it's running a huge e-commerce operation, corporate intranet, or just a small hobby site.
Our new guide, Apache Security, gives administrators and webmasters just what they crave--a comprehensive security source for Apache. Successfully combining Apache administration and web security topics, Apache Security speaks to nearly everyone in the field. What's more, it offers a concise introduction to the theory of securing Apache, as well as a broad perspective on server security in general.
But this book isn't just about theory. The real strength of Apache Security lies in its wealth of interesting and practical advice, with many real-life examples and solutions. Administrators and programmers will learn how to:
* install and configure Apache
* prevent denial of service (DoS) and other attacks
* securely share servers
* control logging and monitoring
* secure custom-written web applications
* conduct a web security assessment
* use mod_security and other security-related modules
And that's just the tip of the iceberg, as mainstream Apache users will also gain valuable information on PHP and SSL/ TLS. Clearly, Apache Security is packed and to the point, with plenty of details for locking down this extremely popular and versatile web server.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 14, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (2)
- 6.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• O'Reilly AO - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• O'Reilly AO for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly AO Conference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• TOC - Official Mobile Guide for the O'Reilly Tools of Change Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference
• Web 2.0 Expo New York - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Web 2.0 Expo New York for iPad - Official Mobile Guide for the Web 2.0 Expo
• Where Conference for iPad – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference
• Where Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Where Conference