Apache Cookbook, Second Edition
By Rich Bowen, Ken Coar
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596529949/)
There's plenty of documentation on installing and configuring the Apache web server, but where do you find help for the day-to-day stuff, like adding common modules or fine-tuning your activity logging? That's easy. The new edition of the Apache Cookbook offers you updated solutions to the problems you're likely to encounter with the new versions of Apache.
Written by members of the Apache Software Foundation, and thoroughly revised for Apache versions 2.0 and 2.2, recipes in this book range from simple tasks, such installing the server on Red Hat Linux or Windows, to more complex tasks, such as setting up name-based virtual hosts or securing and managing your proxy server. Altogether, you get more than 200 timesaving recipes for solving a crisis or other deadline conundrums, with topics including:
* Aliases, Redirecting, and Rewriting
* CGI Scripts, the suexec Wrapper, and other dynamic content techniques
* Error Handling
This book tackles everything from beginner problems to those faced by experienced users. For every problem addressed in the book, you will find a worked-out solution that includes short, focused pieces of code you can use immediately. You also get explanations of how and why the code works, so you can adapt the problem-solving techniques to similar situations.
Instead of poking around mailing lists, online documentation, and other sources, rely on the Apache Cookbook for quick solutions when you need them. Then you can spend your time and energy where it matters most.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 14, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (2)
- 6.5 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference