Nike has updated its Nike+ GPS app with several new features, adding more Voiceover feedback control, improved GPS and accelerometer performance and more. Also, in celebration of the 5th year of Nike+, Nike+ GPS is free for a limited time down from its regular price of $1.99. Nike+ is a free service that tracks users’ running stats and offers the ability to set goals, join challenges, and connect with a large online community.
The full list of the app’s new features is as follows:
- Control whether incoming calls will pause your run.
- Select your preferences for Voiceover feedback, or turn it off all together.
- End or pause your run without pulling the plug on your music.
- Register or sign-in to Nike+ GPS with your Facebook or Twitter account.
- Experience a boosted engine with improved accelerometer and GPS accuracy.
- Challenge your friends to a new Nike+ Tag Game: Last to Run, where the last person to sync a run is IT.
- Easily find friends to play Nike+ Tag by searching for their usernames.
Note that Nike+ GPS requires iOS 4 or higher on an iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or 2nd-generation or later iPod touch.
This is the first time that Nike+ GPS has gone free since it was released last September, so definitely jump on this if it’s been on your Wish List. I’ve tried a few running apps and Nike+ GPS has been my favorite so far because of its ease of use and Voiceover feedback (I have it update me on my workout time and pace every 1 minute, which helps keep me focused and motivated).