Tweetbot, the Twitter app by Tapbots that debuted last month to much acclaim, has received an update adding landscape orientation for some activities, interface tweaks, and more. The update, which is the second for Tweetbot since its release, hit the App Store this morning.
The full list of what’s new in version 1.1 is as follows:
- Landscape support for media, compose and web views
- Added User/Hashtag buttons to compose toolbar
- Improved accuracy of displayed locations
- Tweet gaps now load above instead of below
- Lists now sorted alphabetically
- Login now handles email address or username
- CloudApp image/video support
- Improved hashtag picker
- Fixed translation issue with British English
- Improved saving behavior for older devices
- Various bug fixes
Landscape orientation is available for composing new messages and viewing linked web pages and media only, which Tapbots promised in a blog post describing the roadmap for Tweetbot last month. I’d love to see landscape orientation available for viewing the timeline, direct messages and other elements as well though there’s no indication that this is planned for a future update.