Joby, the manufacturer most known for its flexile tripods, has released an all-in-one camera app that features the ability to create stop motion videos from multiple still images. The free Frame X Frame app joined Joby’s existing camera app, Gorillacam, in the App Store late last week.
Frame X Frame has the following features:
- Stitch together your Time Lapse images into a Stop Motion video with the simple touch of a button
- Share your awesome pics with your family, friends and people you don’t even know with easy social sharing to Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and even email.
- Geotagging –automatically attaches exif data to your pictures
- Get the perfect shot (even if your subject is running all over the place) with Self-Timer, Bubble Level, 3 Shot Burst & Press Anywhere
- Clean and simple picture taking: Digital Zoom, Anti-Shake & Tap To Focus
- It’s all new. From beginning to end and optimized for your iPhone 4 – incorporating new photography features like flash and front and rear facing cameras.
While there are other stop motion video creation apps in the App Store, few of them are free and feature advanced image capture controls like Frame X Frame. We don’t see Frame X Frame replacing tap tap tap’s Camera+ as our favorite camera app but it’s a good and economical option if you like to capture multiple images and create video montages of your adventures.
Note that Frame X Frame is compatible only with the iPhone 4, fourth-generation iPod touch and the iPad 2 and requires iOS 4.2 or higher.