Apple has just released an update to its free Remote app, adding AirPlay support, the ability to control internet radio playback, and more. The last major update to Remote came in late September when the app became universal for use on both the iPad and iPhone and gained the ability to control the most recent Apple TV device.
The complete list of what’s new in version 2.1 of Remote is as follows:
- AirPlay video support to control iTunes on your computer to stream videos to an Apple TV
- Internet radio control to play thousands of internet radio streams in iTunes on your computer
- The ability to control iTunes on your computer to play Movies and TV shows that are rented from the iTunes Store
- Addresses issues connecting to an iTunes library or Apple TV
- Includes stability and performance improvements