TiVo, the popular DVR maker, has announced its upcoming iPad app that will offer remote control of its Premiere line of DVRs and much more. The free app will offer a “second screen” experience to browse the programming guide, manage recordings, and even share via Twitter and Facebook. The full list of the app’s features is as follows:
- Browse full-screen program guide without interrupting playback
- Schedule one-time recordings and Season Pass® recordings
- Start watching a show with the flick of a finger
- Browse your recorded shows and quickly launch a video on your TiVo Premiere
- Search across broadcast TV and TiVo’s premium broadband providers—like Netflix and Amazon Video On Demand—and see integrated results
- Explore cast and crew while watching a show
- Post about what you’re watching on your Facebook page or Twitter account
- Intuitive-gesture based remote control or classic TiVo remote interface
- Manage Season Pass recordings and the To-Do List
- Schedule, Search and Browse for shows while you’re out of the house
Tivo has posted a promotional video showcasing the app’s capabilities:
The TiVo app will only work with TiVo Premier and Premiere XL DVRs. More information is available on a dedicated page on TiVo’s site here and instructions on how to set up the iPad app with a compatible DVR are available here.
TiVo has not announced a specific date for the app’s release.